Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday Blog 4

(1) How do you currently use technology in the classroom, if at all? If so, what technologies? How many students have access to PCs at home?
I use calculators and I incorporate powerpoints in my lessons. I have my students utilize computers for reports and projects...but have not had a lot of access to computers and technolgy in the past. Would use more if I had it! About 10% and inconsistently at that. The area being so rural, its not like they can just go across the street to a friends house or to the library to access the computer.


(2) Is your school leadership supportive of your individual use of technology in teaching and learning?
I am sure it is; however, I am just starting my first year at this school.

(3) Where did you get information about ICT in the classroom or about technology (before this PD, of course!)?
From other teachers who found info online or heard from another friend. Usually word of mouth.

(4) Would you be interested in connecting online with other teachers from around the state/region/world with similar interests?
Maybe around the region. I sometimes feel if I spend too much time connecting or learning or going to conferences I end up not spending enough time with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment