Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday

I have really enjoyed the morning sessions with Angie...

How she teaches is very similar to how I teach, and the totally reinforces my opinion of my teaching. (HAPPY THOUGHTS)

Things about yesterday and this morning that I enjoyed, but didn't mentions:

slope-intercept form...her idea of b= beginning and m= move.... I like that...and will definitely use it!

The point game--about using just the slope to find other points on the line that other people haven't chose...I like that and thought about it extending to find equivalent fractions....

Oh yeah....talked to a friend's little sister last night--she's almost 13 (2 more weeks) and she thinks it would be totally cool if they could blog about their math class....(of course she might be a geek lol)

This afternoon was fun playing with excell and creating and using survey's in fathom.

Happy to hear we will be working with wikis tomorrow! :-)

tired...but glad I have been here this week.

Have fun with your family Robin!

:)tracie



2 comments:

  1. I think it is a great idea to extend the game to equivalent fractions. It would also reinforce that slope is a fraction -- related rate.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracie--I agree that you and I seem to be two of a kind when it comes to our teaching styles. I've really enjoyed talking with you whenever we can squeeze a decent conversation in. Thanks for all the ideas YOU have shared this week.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete